Don’t forget to apply for….
Did you buy a home in 2021? Those who own and moved into a new home after January 1, 2021, may be eligible for a 2022 homestead exemption!
Homestead exemption is a constitutional benefit of a $50,000 exemption from the property’s assessed value. It is granted to those applicants with legal or beneficial title in equity to real property as recorded in official records who are bona fide Florida residents living in a dwelling and making it their permanent home on January 1 of the taxable year.
You may be asked to provide any of the following items:
- Proof of previous residency outside Florida and date ended
- Florida driver license or identification card number
- Evidence of giving up driver license from another state
- Florida vehicle license plate number
- Florida voter registration number (if US citizen)
- Declaration of domicile and residency date
- Bank statement and checking account mailing address
- Proof of payment of utilities at homestead address
The deadline to file is March 1st! Check out these helpful links if you are looking to file in Jacksonville or the Northeast Florida area.
- Duval County → https://www.coj.net/departments/property-appraiser.aspx
- St. John’s County → https://www.sjcpa.us/exemptions/
- Clay County → https://ccpao.com/real-property/
- Nassau County → https://www.nassauflpa.com/exemptions-classifications/homestead-exemption/